In order to help you make the BEST possible decision, we have created a list of Frequently Asked Questions
My child has never done cheerleading/tumbling/gymnastics before. How do we get started?
First, explore the website! This will give you a general idea of what we are about and many of our programs. Then, call our office or email to discuss schedule options and to set up a free trial class. The trial class will be the best way to get a feel for what class will be the best fit for your child.
What is Academy of Cheer?
We are an all-star cheer and tumbling gym in Mission, BC. We train athletes of ALL levels and ages in cheer, tumbling and parkour. We offer competitive and elite cheer teams that compete provincially, nationally and in the US. We also have recreational cheer classes and specialty tumbling classes.
For whom do your teams cheer?
Academy of Cheer Excellence teams do NOT cheer for a team; they are on a competitive team and ranked against other cheer teams from gyms similar to Academy of Cheer Excellence. This is the cheerleading you often see showcased on ESPN. Our sport is extremely athletic and skill based. Cheer competitions are held all over Canada and the US; Academy of Cheer teams compete primarily in British Columbia with some teams competing in the US.What ages can my child start tumbling and cheer classes?At Academy of Cheer Excellence, classes start as young as two and a half. Children MUST be potty trained and be able to separate from parents.
How are tumbling classes at ACADEMY OF CHEER EXCELLENCE different from gymnastic classes?
Tumbling classes at Academy of Cheer revolve strictly around floorwork. Tumbling training involves trampolines, spring floors and various instructional mats. Athletes begin by learning forward rolls, handstands, cartwheels, and progress to backhandsprings, tucks, and full twisting lay-outs. We offer precision training in rhythm and tumbling.
How is All-Star Cheer at ACADEMY OF CHEER EXCELLENCE different from dance classes?
If you like dance, you’ll LOVE cheer! All-Star Cheer is fast paced and incorporates dance, tumbling and acrobatics all into one jam packed routine. It is also one of the most team oriented sports out there.
1. Acceptable methods of payment are cash, VISA, MasterCard, or cheque
2. Cheques are made payable to Academy of Cheer Excellence, or ACE
3. There will be a $40 fee for returned cheques, due immediately.
4. All athletes must pay an annual BC Cheerleading Assoc/Academy of Cheer Excellence Registration Fee/Membership fee. This non-refundable annual fee is valid Sept-August and cannot be pro-rated.
5. Classes will run pending sufficient registration. If cancellation is required, you will be notified by Academy of Cheer and tuition fees will be fully refunded.
6. We reserve the right to cancel or decline a registration at any time.
7. Tuition is due upon registration.
8. Refunds are available to families as long as the services paid for have not yet been provided.
9. All requests for refunds must be made in writing to before they can be processed. These will be processed on a case by case basis.
10. Classes missed due for any reason will not be pro-rated.
11. All fees and fundraising credits not eligible for refund, transfer, hold or extension. No exceptions.
12. Special pricing & promotions, including but not limited to punch cards, summer flex passes, holiday passes, clinics & guest coaches are not eligible for refund, transfer, hold or extension. No exceptions.
13. All sales are final on Academy of Cheer uniforms, clothing, shoes and accessories.
14. There are no refunds on funds paid to Academy of Cheer that have been used to pay for athlete travel, accommodation and/or competitions.
15. Because of the nature of the sport of cheer, to ensure teams / children do not suffer as a result, anyone wishing to withdraw their child from a program must give 2 months written notice.